Recognizing your employees is critical as you launch your operational excellence initiative. Here are some best practices for building an effective recognition program:
Simple & Frequent
- Frequent and simple public recognition of accomplishments and contributions during weekly or daily meetings shows coaches and employees' appreciation.
- Document the recognition in a high traffic area with a Recognition Board (e.g., Digital Rever Activity Board, Print outs).
- Ensure public recognition of accomplishment and achievements.
- Set up a day where employees & coaches can display their ideas and share with coworkers.
- Invite leadership to complete the recognition.
- Recognize during monthly or quarterly meetings (consider inviting family members to join).
- Gift an experience rather than something that is material. For example, a meal with the family, tickets to the cinema, etc.
Top Recognition Ideas:
- Vacation days
- Tickets to a show
- Family visits to the factory
- A meal with leadership
- Recognition in a common work area (e.g., break room or cafeteria)